I'm a bit late writing my Friday Fave Fives. Obviously I had a bit of a busy week. But I like to hit the pause button and spend some time reflecting on gratitude. Friday Fave Fives is a good way for me to do that.
1. We had RAIN. It rained 1/2 inch on the weekend! I know, I know. I am shouting about 1/2 inch of rain? Really?? Well, here in our drought plagued West, 1/2 inch of rain is a treasure. The geraniums loved it. So did we all.
2. That RAIN gave us a short respite from the heat. Although the record breaking heat is back again (103F when I checked at noon), I loved the promise of November and December when our temperatures will hopefully drop into the 50s, 60s an 70s.
3. During the weekend, I took my spinning wheel on Saturday and Sunday to Reyes Adobe and demonstrated hand spinning. I enjoy the time chatting with other spinners, explaining the spinning of fibers to adults and children. The Fave Bonus is that I actually get some fiber spun. This is 100% llama fiber from a very dark animal appropriately named Ebony.
4. I appreciate the staff at Reyes Adobe. They plied us with water and offered us coffee. Who wouldn't want to volunteer to work with these pleasant people? In addition, they encourage me to sell my hand knit hats and even provide a little table to make sure the sale items are easily noticeable. I sold almost all of the hats I brought! (Generate Hope is going to receive another nice sized check from the proceeds.)
5. A spinning friend stopped by one afternoon this week with a box and a bag and said, "Here, look through these. It's all donated yarn. Take what you want for your hats." So I did. Yeah, I realize that in knitting down my stash, I ought not to be taking in more yarn, but I will be spending the next few months replenishing my hat inventory, so I appreciate getting free yarn.
So that was Willow's Week. I'd love to hear from you what blessings you experienced this week.