1. That's my first fave. Our little PAL is ONE. Stay tuned for photos :)
2. Saturday afternoon, we drove up the coast hwy and turned off at one of the county parks where The Professor's brother and his wife were 'camping' in their fifth wheeler. We enjoyed dinner and a long fun chat with them.
3. I can never get enough of the beach. This was the view from our 'dinner table'. Yes, four photos because I can't decide on my favorite. Those small bumps out at the horizon of the first, third and fourth pictures are a couple of the Channel Islands.
Do you see the tiny island with the palm trees and the bridge connecting it to the mainland?
That's a private spot, used by an oil drilling company.
4. As long as we were traveling on the weekend, I decided that adding a bit of an extra trip would work out well. So...I made arrangements to fly on to the east coast and visit my other children. Arranging this was not an easy task. Purchasing tickets. Check. Easy-peasy. Packing for two distinct climates. Check. Not hard at all. Finding a sub to teach for me next week. Now that was a bit harder. But. Yes. Check. A retired writing teacher, who is also a friend of mine, rearranged her schedule to make herself available to take my classes. That was a huge help and I am truly thankful for faithful, helpful friends.
5. I think that maybe our horrible heat wave has broken. That statement alone involves more than one fave--I'm thankful for slightly cooler weather; I'm thankful for air-conditioning at home; I'm thankful for AC in my car. Autumn is my least favorite season in Southern California. Soon we'll be into November and our weather will settle into lower temperatures.
This is Willow's Week in five short paragraphs. How was yours?