I missed blogging anything the last two weeks. That's because I have been gone from Willow's Cottage again. The week before Thanksgiving, I flew to the east coast to spend time with my Daughter #2 and her family.
1. Daughter #1 came for the holiday, too. On Friday, #optoutside day, we took the cousins for a hike. I love sharing my love of the outdoors with my grandchildren. I hope they are learning to love it, too.
2. I've been using my ninja decluttering and packing skills to help Daughter #2 prepare for their upcoming move to the same area where Daughter #1 lives. I love that she appreciates my help. And I love that they are both excited to be living near each other.
3. One day we took some time off and drove to Annapolis for lunch at the harbor. I love exploring places, and I do love Annapolis!
4. I knitted all the yarn I brought with me, so I have been raiding my daughter's stash. I love that she loves to knit and is willing to share (less for her to move, right?).
5. Have you been hearing and reading about the horrible fires in Southern California? It's my county, Ventura County, that's burning. I have been monitoring the situation as well as possible and The Professor who is home is keeping me up to date. I hate the destruction, but it encourages me to see how we are all gathering around to help--everyone from the firefighters and first responders to neighbors and strangers. Obviously, the fave is NOT the fires. It's the outpouring of love and care.
A bit of mid-Atlantic, late autumn beauty to enjoy.