The week between Christmas and New Years always seems odd and empty. The time has been very busy, mostly filled with children and grandchildren. But I still found time to be thankful each day! Here are my Friday Fave Fives for this last week of 2017.
1. Time with my son and daughters. Because we live all across the US in different states, we seldom have the opportunity to spend more than a couple of days together, so it was wonderful to have my wandering Dr. Mike with us for four days.
2. Watching Dr. Mike play with his nephews and niece. He bought some cards for a game and taught them to play.
3. I learned to play Code Names. And I didn't totally embarrass myself.
4. Although we seldom watch movies in theaters, we decided to do a family expotition* to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi. I really don't have a yes I loved it or no I hated it opinion. It was--a fun movie.
5. I am thankful for layers and layers of warm clothing!
And now, I wish everyone who reads my thoughts in this place a Very Happy New Year!
*expotition: a borrowed word from Winnie the Pooh books.