This week I've been adjusting to jet lag, a three hour time change, and renewed routines. Truly, I'm happy to be back home. Here are five reasons which are my Friday Five Faves.
1. Although there was ice and snow on the roads as we left for the airport Saturday morning, we arrived safely and in good time for our flight home. I'm thankful for safety on highways and in the sky. And that there isn't snow in Southern California.
2. Hugs and more hugs from friends who cried, "You're back!" World's Best Neighbor and I have had lots of catch up conversations.
3. World's Best Neighbor sent me a text to tell me that she had booked us in for pedicures. Now my feet look and feel so nice. Added bonus was the drive to Ventura included a few peeks at the beach and ocean.
4. Our mail was being held while we were gone. So this week I've enjoyed opening all the Christmas cards and letters we received over the whole season. It was wonderful to read them all.
5. We are back in our walking routine. How I've loved seeing our mountains and palms trees and brilliant sunsets.
6. Bonus: On Sunday, we were pleasantly surprised to see our nephew and his wife walk into church service, and they were equally surprised to see us. They didn't know we were home yet, and we didn't know they were visiting The Professor's sister for the weekend. As usual, we enjoyed lunch with them after church.
Unfortunately, as we were driving to catch our plane last weekend, my camera broke. Result: no photos. [insert sad face]