Hello from Willow's Cottage! May time is in full swing here and obviously The Professor and I are keeping busy. What am I thankful for this week? Here are my Friday Fave Fives. Link to Living to Tell the Story if you wish to join in.
1. World's Best Neighbor knows I love my garden. She had been invited to the Conejo Garden Club's May Tea, so she asked if I would join her. I knew the hostess for our table, so I accepted the invitation. It was a lovely afternoon spent outside in a lovely garden. (And I met a new friend, too)
2. Then WBN invited us to a luncheon where the speaker was an Army Chaplain (recruiter) who attends her church. Knowing we have a son who is an Army Reserve Chaplain, she thought we would enjoy meeting him. We did, and we found out we know some of the same people.
3. This time of year, I am in my garden every day. I pay lots of attention to my veggies, but I'm also drawn to the flowers. Veggies don't make great photos, but California poppies do!
4. A few months ago, someone who was moving passed on to me a pot filled with gerbera daisies. I transplanted them into other pots, but plants being what they are, the daisies popped up in that first pot again. Not that I minded. This pink bloom has been gracing my kitchen window for at least two weeks.
5. I finished knitting a vest I began on my trip to Ohio. Immediately, I put it on and wore it to one of those events I mentioned above; I didn't even block it first or sew on the five buttons. I love it so much! No photos yet because--I'm wearing it all the time. I plan to sew the buttons on today and then I'll photograph it. I promise.
So there is Willow's Week in five easy steps. I have so many other things I'm thankful for, but I had to choose. There was the installation of a new floor loom, the gift of a favorite book I wanted, a lunch date and coffee date with friends. I'm so blessed!