Hello! It's sunny and exceedingly windy here at Willow's Cottage today. Oh, I'm loving the sunshine (the wind not so much). And I'm rejoicing in my abundant blessings which I am sharing via Friday Fave Fives hosted by Susanne. HERE is the link to how you can participate and choose to be thankful and be encouraged by others.
1. My church has a regular women's event called Rejoice during which we celebrate achievements and milestones for all the women in our congregation ages middle school and up. (Yes, we include our middle school young women!) Last Sunday we celebrated two weddings, a college graduation, two babies, and a (very sadly) moving military family. I love how our people celebrate together.
2. How can a fever be a favorite thing of the week? The fave part was that I could rest, drink lots of herbal tea and heal quickly.
3. March 14. Or 3.14. Or Pi Day. We celebrated 𝛑 day by--- eating pie. Pumpkin Pie because it is almost my birthday and I prefer pumpkin pie to cake.
4. March 15. It's the Ides of March, that infamous day in history when Julius Caesar met his end by traitorous means. Why is this a fave with me? Long story made short--in college I had a marvelous professor who taught me so much about life, Biblical history and Biblical apologetics. On March 15th, I took an exam in his class and wrote at the top of the page by the date, "Beware the Ides of March". When he returned the paper to me, he had written on it by my A grade, "The Ides of March treated you better than it did Caesar." I still have that exam because I still value all that he taught me (and yes, I do refer to my notes from the classes). Every March 15th, I rejoice and think of him and thank God for that man's influence on my life.
5. When March arrives, I always wear my shamrock necklace and earrings all month because it is my birthday month and St. Patrick's Day is my actual birthday. My mother gifted the necklace to me when I was visiting her in Boston on my birthday. It makes me remember my mom and rejoice that I had a loving, godly mother.
I want to let you all know that I will be off the blog for awhile. You might think that I am backing away because of the Lent season. No, actually, The Professor and I have plans to travel to places where I will not be carrying my computer, so I won't be online much except when I have wifi connections to use my phone. We are leaving on Thursday. I will do my best to write a post next week. However, I don't have any guarantee of having wifi available to allow me to post. After that, I will be silent (mostly) for three weeks while we are traveling. Where in the world will Willow be?