1. Rain. Are you tired of reading that I am thankful for rain? Well, we've been in drought conditions for years (maybe seven or eight?) and finally, the official word came out this week that our county is now No. Longer. In. Drought. For an agricultural area, this is a huge blessing. And as I am writing this, it is raining lightly. The best kind of rain.
2. On Sunday, the women (high school and above) had lunch together after church. The menu was very versatile and everyone had something they could eat. The speakers were from our church. I was sitting with several younger women, some whom I didn't know well--it was great to talk with them and learn more about them.
3. Those women--we are all book lovers! During our conversations, one younger woman pulled out a pen and wrote down everyone's suggestions for good, clean historical novels. Then on Tuesday, she texted a couple of us the list. I may have already popped over to the library to check out one of the authors...
4. I am so thankful for cell phones. Both of my daughters called me and talked for a long time this week. Just wanted to hear my voice. Phones make that possible even though we are thousands of miles apart. It made my heart happy to hear their voices, too.
5. An elderly gentleman who is friends with us made a comment about some events and people he has observed during his long life. His final statement was, "So, don't be a grump." Simple and true.
I didn't take a single photo this week. (must correct that!) But here are some pictures taken during this week over the past years. I realized that spring is a little later this year as in other years the flowers have already been blooming. Enjoy!