Friday, November 10, 2023

What a Week!

I really do need to stop and take a breath in this crazy week.  What I really need is a few minutes to relax and remember all the wonderful things about the week.  That's why I post every Friday and share with others at Friday Fave Fives (follow the link)    If I don't do this, I find myself just overwhelmed with the busyness of the week.

1.  On Saturday, Younger Daughter and I spent a few hours browsing around the local quilt show.  We ran into two friends who are members of the quilt guild and had fun conversations with them.  And now Younger Daughter is a member.  Here are a couple of samples and an overview of a section of the display (taken from the balcony).



2-3.  Tuesday was momentous.  Very early in the morning, The Professor drove Younger Daughter to take her NCLEX, which is the exam that prospective nurses must take to be licensed as a registered nurse.  Understandably, she was a bit nervous.  In the meantime, I drove myself in to have blood work done for my annual exam.  While I waited for my dr appt later in the day, Younger Daughter finished the exam and they met me at a coffee place, and we had a chance to just relax and chat.  My dr appt went very well, and I am thankful that my PCP and I can talk about health and wellness and basically agree on how to proceed with options.

4.  Wednesday morning, we woke up to the noise of an incoming text.  "I passed!"  Younger Daughter is a NURSE!  Three years of classes while working fulltime and raising two children (now teenagers)!  She's a warrior!  I cannot express the pride we have in her accomplishment and how thankful we are that she is DONE with classes.

5.  Last evening, we attended a banquet (cowboy western style in a barn) to support Young Life ministry in our local area.  A great time was had by all.

These events are only a few of the activities we had on our schedule this week.  Every one is important, but I chose these five as samples of how God has blessed me this week.  I hope you have had a good week, too.

10 comments:

Faith said...

That is GREAT news regarding your daughter becoming a nurse! Glory to God!! Lots of hard work went into that degree I am sure! especially with raising two teens on her own??!!

I love those quilts you show. All of the colors are so beautiful.

How fun to attend a cowboy themed event.

I hope your weekend is glorious and restful.

Wendy said...

Congratulations to your daughter. That's a great achievement. Glad your health check was ok and you got to do some fun things as well this week. Have a good weekend.

Cathy said...

Congrats to your daughter and glad you had a good health report. Sounds like some fun things with the cowboy themed event and the quilt show. Hope you have a great weekend.

Susanne said...

Congratulations to your daughter!! That is a huge accomplishment at the best of times never mind having to work full time and raise kids in the middle of it all! Those quilts are stunning! All that work and creativity! I love when the public library has their yearly quilt display. Such great talent. Glad you had a good doctor report.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Such good news about your daughter! Congratulations to her! Our world certainly needs good dedicated nurses. I loved being an RN even though it was challenging at times with staff shortages, etc.

The quilts are all beautiful --I admire such talent !

ellen b. said...

Congratulations to younger daughter! An amazing accomplishment for sure.

Gattina said...

Congratulations that you have now a nurse in the family ! I was busy with emptying the shelves I take along and still have this dammit bronchitis. It's time that I move there (in two days) and let me pamper a bit, I need it ! Moving when you are 80 without any family around is very difficult !

Juan Maria said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neospin said...

Your post was a delightful journey into the subject. Thank you for that!

nikkipolani said...

Those quilt examples are just amazing.
Wow, congratulations to your YD! What a great accomplishment while juggling many other responsibilities.