I was wondering if I could come up with five. As I reviewed the week in my mind, I thought, "How can I choose just five?!"
1. The Knit and Crochet Show in Portland, Oregon. It deserves its own post. The highlight for me was being called to the platform at the dinner and receiving my Master Knitter pin. And. Lily Chin was standing right there!
2. Coming home. The Professor, Kiti and The New Boy braved the LA freeways to pick me up. We stopped to see Son Number Two on the way home and have a late lunch with him.
3. Babysitting The New Boy. His mama had a class one evening this week, so I got to have him all to myself for a few hours. We took a walk. I followed my usual several thousand step route with hills to climb, but I pushed a stroller. That makes for a good workout. The bonus was that the walk put The New Boy to sleep. He has become ambulatory and can get himself in to the most interesting places and positions from which he can't yet extricate himself, thus providing hours of entertainment for his grandmother.
4. School days. I am working in First Grade this year, which means that the students I had in Kindergarten last year are my students again this year. I loved it when I walked in the room and several little voices piped up, "Hi, Mrs. Willow!" and "It's Mrs. Willow!"
5. A phone call from Chaplain Dan. Calls from your kids are no big deal, unless those kids are many, many thousands of miles away in war zones. Then those calls are pretty special.
To read more Fave Fives, go to susanne's blog .