Friday, March 03, 2017

Hellooo, March!

The sun is shining.  It's the month when Spring supposedly arrives.  What's not to love about March?  It's also Friday.  Here are my Fave Fives for this week.

1.  Beginning a Lent study with my art buds!  We will be reading and discussing The Papa Prayer by Larry Crabb.

2.  The week's hostess for the group had orange marmalade which she was offering to us!  My inner Paddington is so happy!


3.  On the way home from the artist group meeting, I stopped in Hill Canyon to walk for a bit.  Oh how I love this hike.  It's easy and mostly on the level.  And it's stunningly beautiful, especially right now when everything is Ireland green.



4.  The California native spring flowers were blooming.  Year after year after year, it never gets old!





5.  And in my garden, the first rose bloomed!  It's an Iceberg Rose, but it is definitely favoring its pink mother or father.


Bonus quote:  I know I've written it here on Willow's Blog before, but it bears repeating often.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
Mother Teresa

And, in keeping with my word of this year:

"Peace begins with a smile."

8 comments:

ellen b said...

March is great and I know a couple people who enjoy birthdays in March and our granddaughter is going to be born in March. Glad you have some nice green hikes to enjoy with flowers!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Hill Canyon looks like a breathtaking place to walk!!

Faith said...

Enjoyed your faves list. Those spring pics of your CA countryside are pleasing to my eye this a.m. as here in eastern NY we are battling the winds of March and it is a COLD wind today! But I"m thankful it is sunny with beautiful deep blue skies. TOO cold to hike though...only a high of 23 degrees today! BRRRRRRRR......

That rose is gorgeous and I always love reading that quote from Mother Teresa. The Lent study sounds great...anything by Larry Crabb is top notch.

nikkipolani said...

I smiled at your description of Ireland green. I think the Irish might look at our version and call it Ireland drought! But it is lovely to look to the hills and see them greener than they've been in ages.

Marvelous marmalade! What a generous share.

May your roses and other lovelies thrive this spring season.

Ann said...

Absolutely beautiful rose. And you live in a beautiful area!!

A Joyful Cottage said...

What a gorgeous rose. To see all that green in a California landscape is heartening. Have a great Sunday! xo

Barbara H. said...

What a nice place to walk! And so nice to see the flowers, especially that lovely pink rose.

Susanne said...

Look at those lovely green hills! Looks like a peaceful place to walk and hike. I love wild flowers and those are looking gorgeous as is the rose! Yummy, homemade marmalade!