Saturday, June 10, 2006

Knitting Slump

Being unmotivated to do any knitting right now, I decided to post two of my most recent swatches for TKGA Level III.
This is a slip stitch pattern in two colors. I really like to make this stitch. I first saw it in a stocking cap pattern in Homemade Handknit and made several caps for the men in the family.


Brioche stitch is a new one for me. I had fun learning this pattern. It results in a fluffy, soft knit that would be perfect for a baby blanket.


On the garden front, I have picked a few very small roses from my David Austen Mayflower bush. I'm not sure why the blooms are so small. They look like miniature roses. No stinting on the fragrance, though.

John cut the grass so after 4pm I'll water all my little pots. The three heirloom tomatoes are coming along nicely. The basil is growing slowly. This week I cut four bunches of lavender to dry and I'm only half finished gathering the stalks. The bouggainvillea needs a serious trim as do the lantana. That's a task for next week.

June Gloom is here and I like it. I enjoy "early morning fog and low cloudiness giving way to sunshine later in the day." I don't like cold and I don't like hot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those swatches are so pretty even by themselves! Keep up the good work...I find that it is easier for me to knit small things in the summer rather than sweaters or afghans--socks and dishrags don't make me hot when I knit them! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog--its so nice to know there are, as Anne of Green Gables would say, "kindred spirits" out there!