It seems like every week is a busy one these days. If I'm not teaching, I'm studying, planning or reading papers. I enjoy keeping busy but sometimes, I like to just rest. I did that a bit this week, intentionally. It helps me too to stop at the end of the week and remind myself what the highlights were. I think that's why I enjoy Friday Fave Fives--it helps me focus on the positive events so I don't simply plod thoughtlessly through the days and weeks. Here are my Fave Fives from Willow's Week.
1. After the crazy hot days at the beginning of the week (87F), it cooled off and rained. Here in drought land, rain is always a fave. All these white blossoms are on the ground now, knocked down by wind and rain. I'm glad I took a few photos last week before the wind and rain swept through.
2. I successfully signed myself up for a couple of official appointments online. This is a fave because it didn't take as long as I feared. And it was much easier than I expected. Whew.
3. My sweet students! One young man brought me a lovely pink orchid plant. Happy Valentine's Day to me!
4. Wanna hear a joke? My students love to share them--- "Why did the boy invite the mushroom to his birthday party?" (Answer--see below*)
5. The fruit guy at the farmers market often gives us the apples or grapes he can't sell because they're bruised or 'on the edge'. He know what I do with them--dry them in my dehydrator and then I gift back to him some of the finished product. This week we've been drying a huge box of apples. Yummy! These will last us for snacks for a long time!
I hope your week has warmth and flowers and jokes and kindness!
*because he was a fun guy.