1. While we were on the East Coast, we drove in to Washington, D.C.
to visit the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Older Daughter has a special interest there--the project she works with is featured in a display. Here she gave us all a short presentation on 'her missile'.
Even Eleanor enjoyed the impromptu lecture.
I loved watching my girl's enthusiasm for her job and understanding a tiny bit of what she does all day.
2. As always, I am thankful for safe travel. We had an uneventful, smooth, albeit long, flight back to the West Coast. And I have to mention Uber. Son #2 Dr. Mike has been using Uber for years. So he convinced us, and yes, Uber is great!
3. Time changes are always 'fun'. We are catching up on our sleep and adjusting to the three hour time difference. The fave here is that I have the luxury to sleep in.
4. RAIN! Yes, we Southern Californians are weird like that. We so seldom get a good cleansing rainstorm that when more than one arrives back to back to back, we are ecstatic. I was born and spent my first eighteen years in the Pacific Northwest, so I know rain. This rain is like Oregon rain--slow, misty, soft. Not the usual torrential downpours we experience here. We left in the rain from the east coast and arrived to rain here. So far this week we haven't seen the sun. That's very unusual, but we are thankful because we NEED RAIN. (note: as of mid week, we have had a bit over four inches of rain this season--more than any of the past six years of drought. And now it measures at 5 3/4 inches!)
5. I love it when I get those texts from my best neighbor: Help! Knitting issue! She popped down in the evening and I talked her through how to 'turn the heel' on a sock. I love sharing my knowledge (Yes, I'm a born teacher--just can't stop teaching.)
I have been pondering my word for this year 2017. I think I've distilled it down to a 'postable' paragraph. Hopefully, I'll have time to write it up and post it this weekend. In the meantime, enjoy a lovely winter weekend, friends!