I was away for two weeks and a day. I love traveling and visiting my kids. And when it's time to be home, I love that, too. Here are Five Faves from my second week in the east.
1. Another walk with my friend. This time we explored a bike path along a local river.
2. After our walk, we enjoyed lunch outside on the patio of a cute restaurant that allowed our dogs to join us. The weather was a bit iffy, so we were the only ones dining al fresco.
3. I enjoy playing with my daughter's dog. Mollie loves going for walks with me. But. I'm second, at best. She loves her mommy most and is always bereft when mommy leaves for work. So cute!
4. A safe flight again. I am always thankful for that.
5. The timing of my flight home was such that The Professor would have been sitting in horrible evening Los Angeles traffic if he had tried to pick me up when I landed. So--I asked my friend who lives near LAX to pick me up and we had dinner. This was a win-win since we seldom get to spend time together anymore and we miss that. (We used to be walking buddies when I lived in LA) So it was a wonderful way to end my trip, AND at the end, The Professor was there to bring me home.
Thus endeth the two week sojourn to the east. And now I'm happy to be home.