Friday Fave Fives. One of my favorite ways to celebrate the blessings of the week.
1. We had never been hiking in Wildwood Park which is in the Conejo Valley just east of where we live. So we decided to venture out for an exploratory hike. There are miles and miles of trails in wide open expanses and into (and out of) deep canyons. We barely began our explorations. We'll definitely be back.
2. The next day we decided that a short walk would be enough. This iconic walk is not more than a third of a mile up the slope from one of the main roads in Camarillo and ends in a cute little park. Lined on both sides by towering eucalyptus trees, the path is often photographed or painted and displayed around the city.
3. I never get tired of the beach paths. Never. Ventura Beach and Pier.
4. The jacaranda trees are blooming everywhere. I first noticed jacaranda trees the first May (spring) we lived in Los Angeles. Entire streets would be lined with giant purple bouquets as the trees burst into bloom. Jacarandas tend to be boring and they easily blend into the background as their leaves are more like fern fronds. But. Then they bloom. They take over the towns in Southern California while their branches are full of lavender flowers. I think it's because the purple is so vibrant that they all of a sudden pop up everywhere in the scenery. I could do a whole post of just photos of jacaranda trees around town. Here they are gracing one of the main drags in town.
5. No photos--but we have been eating our salads from our garden this week. Cherry tomatoes. Snap peas. Romaine lettuce. Yum!
Bonus: I've been thinking and meditating on this verse from Isaiah (61:3) this week. My prayer:
they will be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.
I live in the land of native California live oaks, so I see oak trees everywhere (almost as often as palm trees!). I want to be an oak of righteousness!