I hadn't planned on posting Fave Fives this week because we are visiting our son. But I decided that I would quickly pop in and post---
Five things I love about Santa Fe, New Mexico
1. It's where my son lives now. Closer to us than where he has been for the past two years.
2. He has a steady income and a rewarding position for the next three years at the Santa Fe Institute. I have his permission to post this photo of the plaque on his office door.
3. Santa Fe is an incredibly beautiful spot on earth. Arid high desert but with pine trees. High desert here means over 7,000 feet elevation.
4. Santa Fe has the most interesting architecture. All Southwest.
5. Santa Fe boasts many trails and hiking areas. Each day we've been here we have chosen a place to hike and explore. We spent about two hours wandering around the Santa Fe Canyon Preserve and could have walked all day and never run out of trails because it connects to the Audubon Society's trail system.
I love exploring new places!