March. A new month. Here at Willow's Cottage in Southern California, it looks like March will be coming in like a lion tonight with a strong winter rainstorm. We are not complaining as we desperately need the rain although much of Santa Barbara County just to the north of us is under mandatory evacuation. We're hoping there will not be a repeat of January's devastation.
And this first Friday in March here are my Friday Fave Fives--with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story who hosts us every week as we reflect on our blessings.
1. I do love March for a couple of reasons. It's my birthday month and it's SPRING which means spring flowers. These flowers are blooming in my garden right now.
That come before the swallow dares, and take
The winds of March with beauty.
2. I love books and saw this on facebook. I understand that Kindles and audio books have their place, but I love a REAL book.
Benefits of books
dog ears (I don't do that; I use a book mark)
no pop up ads
probably won't get stolen at the beach
3. March also means my garden is beginning to take shape. Along with last week's tomato plants, I now have snap peas and kale planted. And the spinach seeds have been put in the starter pods.
4. The Professor and I took a little break and enjoyed an outing for a coffee. We each had our drink and a book. Often, it's those quiet moments that are most refreshing.
5. Speaking of coffee, I visited a new-to-me coffee place, meeting up with a friend who asked me for help with a knitting project. Believe it or not, that coffee place is only three miles from my house and I'd never been there.