1. We drove across the north end of Los Angeles for a loonngg way to visit an old friend. He is in the area for some medical stuff and we wanted to see him. This man helped save my life and my (unborn) son's life when we lived in Indonesia. He answered our request of air transport when I developed malaria and flew a single engine plane across the province AND THEN a helicopter into our village to evacuate us. So, yeah, we'll drive across LA to see him. It was a great time of reminiscing.
2. Every day I've been out in the garden, babying my snap peas, lettuce and basil plants.
3. A friend recommended a book to me. I found it at the library. I've already finished it. The Chosen by Chaim Potok.
4. I belong to a Prayer Shawl group. Although we meet only once a month, I greatly enjoy the fellowship and the purposeful activity of this group of people. And (no photo proof) I started a poncho design based on dimensions which a friend shared with me to create an easy to wear poncho for people having chemo who need to be warm but also have their arms unwrapped. (photos later when I actually have enough to show).
5. My last remaining uncle has been in the hospital. That is certainly NOT the fave. But the fave is that his children are keeping in good contact with us cousins to give us daily updates. I am thankful for the long time connections with my cousins and also for easy communication via cell phone texts.
Bonus: Easter dinner with my friend Ranch Lady at their ranch with lots of other people.
The ranch used to grow blueberries; now it's strawberries.
What has resonated with you and for what do you give thanks this week?