Wow. It's the end of April! I am still at my daughter's home helping out. Life has been busy. I really needed to focus today on what I am thankful for. I so appreciate Susanne leading us to remember what happened during the week that we see as a blessing. Here is the Friday Fave Fives link.
1. After the weekend, my daughter began to experience more exhaustion than should be normal and started having a rash. We were able to get her in to see her surgeon on Thursday morning--the diagnosis is that she has an allergy to surgical glue! With proper medication for the allergic reaction, removal of the glue, and more sleep, she is finally returning to normal surgical recovery. I'm thankful for good health care.
2. My other (older) daughter, who is The New Boy's mom and lives nearby, has been a great help, too. I'm thankful for sister love.
3. I was thinking today that I haven't been posting much lately and I haven't even had my camera out ONCE during this trip. But some people still stop by my blog and read and comment. I'm thankful for every one who does. And if you are reading this, you are one of them.
4. Last year, I met a woman who lives in this area, used to lived in Southern California, attends my daughter's church and her husband works with my daughter. We connected and enjoy each other's company when I am here. This week, I had lunch with her and I'm thankful for a friend I've made far from my home.
5. As I noted above, I haven't taken any pictures. But I accidentally photographed the edge of my purse with my cell phone. It made for an interesting 'abstract photo'. At least it made me laugh.
As we close down April, why don't you think back and choose the best thing that happened to you this month? Share it with someone - you can share it in comments here, too - and maybe it will encourage someone else.