Hi! I've been silent all week from my computer, using only my phone for communication. There are several reasons for that, all of which lead me to being so very thankful. Here is Willow's Week in Friday Fave Fives.
1. I took a plane trip. Two, in fact. They were supposed to be on the same day and connected by only an hour's wait in a transitional airport. But. Yeah. A maintenance problem with the second airplane grounded me in North Carolina, three thousand miles from home and several hundred miles from my destination. No, that wasn't the fave. The fave was that I was given a hotel voucher and two meal vouchers because the issue was maintenance and not weather related. And that's one reason why I was not in constant communication much on Monday and Tuesday.
2. I was proud of myself for being brave and leaving the airport and over-nighting by myself in the hotel. It really really helped that two other travelers banded together with me to make sure we got the correct shuttle and were back at the airport the next morning in time to check in. The fave? That there were nice, kind, pleasant people traveling with me.
3. This was so sweet, but also it made me a little sad. When my grandsons heard that my plane was delayed 13 hours, they cried. They had planned to meet me at the gate with SIGNS they had written to greet me. With my delayed flight, they had to miss picking me up at the airport. Sad? Yes. But sweet? Oh so sweet.
4. Both of my daughters drove to the airport to pick me up--both of them taking a couple of hours off work to meet me. Mama was feelin' the love.
5. Lastly, I had a bit of a disaster with my laptop computer. For the second time on this fairly new computer, the keyboard quit working. Last time, The Professor was able to do a really weird fix on it that he read online and it actually worked. But this time, he couldn't find that information to relay to me, so I was without a computer until this morning when I visited a big box electronic store and bought a wireless keyboard. And now I can type, and that means I can type in a password to get internet access.
BONUS: And the main reason I made this cross country trip. My younger daughter had surgery on Wednesday. I drove her to the hospital for the procedure, waited for news, drove her home. I having been helping with the kids and caring for her. All is well. She is recovering. I'm so thankful!