1. As I was searching for a file on my computer, I noticed a folder that was labeled My Children. Hmmm... what was in it, I wondered. When I opened it, I was taken back to my children's early childhoods when I saved memories of their little comments and antics. It was a delight to read. For example, my two year old daughter stated, "Daughter, Mother, Father. Dan is not a sun. Sun is in the sky." My number two son loved 'Pink-n-Robbins' ice cream. My youngest girl thought that popsicles were “popagatah-gatah”. That may have been a mixture of Indonesian and English like my older sons' statement, "Tidak go!"
2. The Fourth. We stayed home, shared dinner with World's Best Neighbor, then walked up to her place above us and watched the fire works. I love 'quiet' holidays.
3. Speaking of World's Best Neighbor, on the weekend we celebrated her late husband's life at his memorial service. He was originally from
Britain and that showed in all the memories and photos and comments at his service, including reminders of his humor. We were privileged to be his neighbor for more than a decade.
4. Mutual friends had moved away but returned for his service so we were able to host them and spend an evening out at an Irish pub with them.
5. I *heart* my garden! Evidently, I'm really good at growing lavender and rosemary. One small lavender plant yielded three bunches of lavender to dry. And my rosemary TREE has overwhelmed the rest of the garden. Out it has to go. So I started a new rosemary plant in a pot and it's thriving, too.
What best things are you remembering today?