I'm a bit late posting Friday Fave Fives. Things are a bit tense and wary because of all the concerns about fires here in Southern California. We are fine and there are no fires within fifteen miles from us. But fire weather still keeps us on edge.
1. First, I have to say I am thankful for all the firefighters who are out fighting the various fires that are burning throughout California. With a large fire burning not far from where The Professor's brother lives and another one near our niece and nephew, and a third burning along the beach just up the coast in our county, we know the firemen and first responders are working round the clock to keep us safe.
2. And yes, it really has been as hot and windy as the news says. I am very very thankful that we have air conditioning.
3. World's Best Neighbor took the train to San Diego and then rode it back at the end of the week. I'm her Uber driver. It's fun to get those texts saying, "I'm in LA." "Just passing Glendale." I picked her up and after a community meeting we needed to attend, we grabbed The Professor and ended up at a new to us Chinese restaurant. Yum! And I'm glad to have her back home.
4. I haven't been writing about my knitting projects much. Mostly, they're boring projects. There's really nothing exciting about pillow covers. But it gives me joy to just knit.
5. I am thankful for the BEST eye surgeon. I needed some (not unusual) follow up work on my cataract surgeries. This weekend, I'll be resting my eyes. But my vision is doing just fine and I am very thankful for that.