1. One day we drove to Santa Barbara to visit the Botanic Garden there. Our purpose was to purchase some California native plants to add to the slope behind our house. But since we were at the garden, we decided to walk a couple of the trails and view the autumn colors in a Southern California garden.
2. No garden in Southern CA is complete without the state flower--the poppy.
3. The view from the top of the trail extended all across the city and over the sea (which was fogged in) and out to one of the Channel Islands. That slightly darker line just below the sky and above the fog is the outline of the island.
4. A friend gifted me a succulent filled pumpkin. Evidently, what you do is trim the top off the pumpkin and glue succulents there. The idea is to have the plants take root in the pumpkin which has not been gutted or carved. I think it's cute.
5. Coffee time with a college friend. We found out that an old friend from college who lives in our county is also moving out of state. This news prompted us to reach out and grab a coffee time with him before we all disperse. We had a good time and I especially enjoyed listening to the guys reminisce about their dads who both were professors at the college we attended.
There is so much beauty around us! Let's be thankful for even the little busy bees and tiny rushes by a pond. Happy Thanksgiving Month, week two!