1. Tea with our new youth pastor's wife. I already love her! We were supposed to enjoy our tea time at home, but we had a house showing scheduled, so I took her to our nearest tea and coffee shop which is in a commercial and industrial area--I'm sure it's there to serve the workers, but it makes for a great little hidden spot.
2. I've been in a bit of a knitting slump, but this week I decided to just finish one of the projects which only needed sewing up. A new pillow cover for the living room sofa. Details: Caron Pantone yarn. #7 needles. Mitered square pattern.
3. We have been taking our walks before it becomes dark. Lots of things to notice!
So many brilliant blossoms!
The deer graze everywhere in the neighborhood and aren't shy about it.
Autumn does happen in Southern California. On one of our walks, I collected some fallen leaves and seed pods. I love the colors!
4. All. The. Rain. There was another fire in the county north of us, so everyone was thankful and relieved to have the rain storm blow in. Well, almost everyone. The people who had to change Thanksgiving plans because of road closures due to snow may not have been as happy. But we need the rain!
5. Thanksgiving! This year, our celebration was very low key. Only The Professor's sister came to celebrate, so there were the three of us. Other family was supposed to come for dessert but because of the rain storm, they decided to stay home. So. Three people and three pies. Yeah, we have leftovers!