1. Between the rain storms, we managed to get in two great walks. Since Friday was #optoutside day, we chose to walk around Ventura Harbor. Ocean. Sand. Seagulls. Boats. Is there a better way to spend the day after Thanksgiving?
so many boats!
2. Then on Monday, The Professor volunteered his time to light a concert. So I spent the time he was hanging lights and doing whatever it is he does to create that amazing ambience to walk all around the perimeter of the university. It's a beautiful campus, having been renovated from an old state hospital done in mission style architecture. (and only 1 mile from the Pacific Ocean!)
a view of the campus from above on the hill with the water tank
looking east through the palm trees to the hills that surround the campus
3. The concert! Channel Islands Community Chorale which also includes students from the university sang two concerts on the weekend. We attended both--Sunday afternoon and Monday evening. The Professor wanted to hear the concert before he did the lighting. I have friends who sing in the chorale, so it was a double blessing for me to hear them sing Mozart and Rachmaninoff as well as numerous contemporary composers.
4. I love Christmas! I've started doing a little bit of decorating. First: advent wreath and candles. This week is Hope!
5. We joined several people from a current and former Bible study group for a Christmas dinner. A few years ago, the group was so large that we split in to two groups. But we still get together for a holiday celebration every year. It was great to see these long time friends again.
I think that December is mostly about celebrating. Celebrating places and people and beauty. And anticipating Christmas!