1. Traveling in the days before Christmas can be stressful. We are thankful for a safe trip-- 400+ miles.
2. A safe trip for Younger Son (Dr. Mike). He flew in from New Mexico. (I confess that I loved picking him up from the airport--that first glimpse--There he is!)
3. Christmas was wonderful! We celebrated with both of our sons at Older Son's home (Chaplain Dan). PAL was suitably excited to see us. AND they have a Christmas tree. (We didn't put a tree up this year, so I missed having one.)
(This is the kind of photo you get when you leave your camera in the car and the lens gets fogged up. I kinda liked it.)
4. We sent out some of our Christmas letters via email and have already received sweet responses. I love the reconnecting that happens during the Christmas season.
5. The Christmas Day skype call with our girls who were together a long way away. I missed being with them, but a video call was a good second best.
We will be returning home tomorrow, bringing Dr. Mike with us. We just keep celebrating the whole week between Christmas and New Years!