So here we are at the mid point of November and the month of Thanksgiving. I try to focus every day and every week on being thankful. Here are my Friday Fave Fives--those five things I have chosen from my week that have made me happy or have made me thankful. Here is the link to join in: FRIDAY FAVE FIVES.
1. This week The Professor has been working daily on an outdoor project. Actually he's been doing this for several weeks. The project involves clearing paint off concrete blocks and it's A LOT of work. One morning, two guy friends from church helped him and it speeded up the finish date from three weeks to one week. Many hands make light work. I am thankful for friends who help each other.
2. We took a long walk one day this week. I hesitate to call it a hike because it was mostly in a suburban area and partly on busy roads. We walked along the bike paths on both sides of part of the Ventura River. Of course, the river bed is bone dry. And of course, I forgot my camera. I'm am thankful that we have so many places to walk and be outside.
3. On that walk, we passed many eucalyptus trees. The leaves smell wonderful. We found a few branches on the ground and brought them home. I'm going to love having the aroma of eucalyptus for a while.
4. The local university has occasional performances by professional artists in conjunction with classes. We attended a performance by a trio--piano, cello and clarinet--showcasing compositions from Bach to Beethoven to some mid Romantic composers. It was beautiful!
5. These flowers from a friend's daughter who was selling her arrangements at a homeschool Christmas boutique. She's five. We bought them to cheer up our dining room table. (and to encourage her) What's not to love about fresh flowers?
What made you happy and thankful this week?