Usually, my birthday is celebrated all over the world with parades and green glitter. This year, none of that happened, but this birthday is certainly one I will remember.
1. We went shopping at two grocery stores. Fortunately the lines weren't long and the stores had everything on our list. I am thankful for food.
2. We made one more stop: for a birthday pie. I didn't choose the St. Patrick's Day cookies or cupcakes. I wanted pie. Thank you, Professor, for letting me stop and get it. And thank you, Marie Callender's, for being open.
3. Other than that one day of grocery shopping, we have been home. We have taken two walks every day which has been encouraging--sunshine, clouds, flowers, bunny rabbits.
4. My son and his family sent me birthday gifts which are coming slowly via Amazon delivery. So far, I have received THREE books (YAY! I have time to read!) and a beautiful skein of merino wool sock yarn. Note the color: hummingbird. PAL was so excited to tell me she chose it because it is 'hummingbird'. I know what I'm going to be doing the next few days. All other knitting projects will be put on hold while I knit my hummingbird socks.
5. Peace. Trust. I am focusing on some Bible verses. Joshua 1:9. Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Psalm 28:7. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
In these distressing days, where are you finding thankfulness, peace and comfort?