Happy Friday Fave Fives! I hope you are staying well and being careful to avoid getting sick. It is so important to find the blessings and sunshine in the midst of this storm. Here is a link to where you can find others who are sharing their Fave Fives.
1. My older son, Chaplain Dan, received notification this week that his name has been posted to the promotion board and he is in line to be promoted to Lieutenant Colonel! We don't know when the ceremony and promotion will take place, but we will do everything we can to be with him and attend the ceremony! I'm so thankful for this confirmation of his hard work, scholarship and dedication.
2. World's Best Neighbor has a little patch of rhubarb in her garden. Whenever she has some freshly picked, she shares it with me because she know I love it. This week, I made a small rhubarb strawberry crisp. YUM!
3. March is my birthday month. In fact, I share my birthday with a very special person--St. Patrick. So this week at our monthly Mom to Mom group meeting at our church, the other leaders surprised me with a bouquet of roses, a tiara, and a Hobby Lobby gift card! Surprised is the exactly correct word. I had NO IDEA even as our co-leader called me up to the front. I thought she was going to have me make an impromptu announcement or something. And all the young women wrote notes on a card. I feel SO LOVED!
4. I am really thankful that we were able to meet with all the younger moms because it may be the last time for awhile, considering all the closures that are happening all over our county because of the corona virus.
5. RAIN! We have been getting rain this week. I am convinced that we were responsible for the first day of rain. Why? We took a nice long walk, and when we were at the farthest spot away from the house, of course, the rain started. By the time we made it home, we were truly 'soaked to the skin'. You're welcome, Southern California!
I think it's important to find the sunshine even in the rain. Let's find the sunshine, the blessings, in the rainstorms of every week.