It's Friday and time for Friday Fave Fives. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story hosts this every week. HERE is the link.
1. Not one but TWO fires in the fire pits. One on Friday at our older daughter's home as a final fire before she handed the keys to the new owner. And then our first fire at our house (burning the rest of the wood that remained from her (now sold) place. Since it snowed the next day, we loved having had the opportunity to use the fire pit. An added bonus was that two of the neighbors walked over to say hello and introduce themselves.
2. Walks and hikes are always on my fave list. On Saturday afternoon we walked about two miles on the local bike path with all three grandchildren. The weather was fine and it was a part of the trail they had not walked on before.
3. Even in the snow, we have walked. One late afternoon/early evening, we decided to get our walk in by walking to the big HD outdoor store as The Professor needed to purchase a tool for a small project. So we walked instead of driving the one plus miles each way. It was through the neighborhoods and it was good to know we can easily get to the grocery store and other places by walking.
4. Our Older Daughter's rental home has sold! (see #1). That's a huge burden off her busy schedule.
5. Several months have passed since her home and neighborhood flooded last March. Today the flooring in the two bedrooms on the main floor is being installed! We are so thankful that this part of the renovation project is DONE!
Bonus: Some adult MKs (missionary kids) from Papua, Indonesia have created a Daily Advent Devotional to share with all of us who have lived and served in Papua through the years. I am loving reading and meditating on their encouraging and thoughtful devotionals. Happy First Week of Advent!