Welcome! If you want to join Joyce and the rest of us to celebrate Wednesday, just click on the title above the logo, and that will take you to Joyce's blog.
1. What's something about Christmas that most people like, but you don't? Elaborate.
I'm not a big Santa Clause fan.
2. Tell us about one cherished tradition from your childhood and if you'll make it happen this year?
I always loved my grandma's Christmas sugar cookies. Every year, I helped roll out the dough and cut out the shapes. I still have some of Grandma's metal cutters. Yes, I am going to make some, probably tomorrow.
3. In 1941 FDR declared December 15th Bill of Rights Day. Citizens were encouraged to fly the flag and gather for prayers and other ceremonies as appropriate. Did you know this? Will you fly a flag? Can you name all the rights and protections guaranteed in the first ten amendments of the US Constitution? Of the ten, which two do you value most? If you need a list you'll find one here.
I did not know about FDR's declaration in 1941 (just five days after the bombing of Pearl Harbor).
How can you choose just one from the Bill of Rights? The First basically sets the broad tone--freedom to live and express yourself as you want. The last two both limit and protect the laws we live under. Living in another country as I did has given me a great appreciation for the liberties I had always taken for granted.
4. Do you know someone named Bill? Tell us something about him? Is there a famous 'Bill' you'd like to meet?
I was in college with a guy named Bill. We sang together in a small ensemble group. He has gone on do a lot for chorale music in the Phoenix, Arizona area.
As for a 'famous' Bill, I can't think of one.
5. A step in the right direction, on the right track, bragging rights, be in the right place at the right time, get off on the right foot, right as rain, right side up, give your right arm for, have one's heart in the right place...choose a 'right' that applies to your life in some way in recent days and tell us how it's so.
How about RIGHT direction? The Professor and I emptied five of the last ten boxes from our move and organized more things in our new home. Two book boxes, two picture boxes and one electronics box left to unpack. We are definitely headed in the right direction for settling in here.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Does anyone else plan their local trips to various shops based on right turns? That might happen here at Willow's Cottage.
AND, a second last minute thought: I am left-handed. The world is set for right-handed people. Remember those school desks with the writing area extending out on the right side in front of the seat? I think I am permanently crippled from the odd positions I had to squirm around in to be able to write. Right-handed scissors press uncomfortably into the base of my thumb. If you are left-handed, you understand. If you are right-handed, be thankful!