Good morning! It's Wednesday. The sun is out! I'm feeling cheery! Here is Wednesday Hodgepodge with Joyce's questions for this week. Click the cute picture to add your own answers in a post.
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
Cleaning up February
1. Your favorite cleaning product? Do you clean your own house or hire out? Most disliked household chore? What one chore do you not mind so much?
Windex is a miracle product for getting grandchildren's finger (and nose) prints off windows. My own citrus scented vinegar spray is a close second for favorite cleaning product.
I have always cleaned my own house (except when I lived in the jungle and had house help). I figure all the moving and activity will help keep me active. However, I do not like cleaning the shower. That's mostly because of the horrible odors of most cleaning products. I don't mind dusting.
2. It's Canned Food Month...do you use a lot of canned goods? What are the three canned items you purchase most often? Last thing you made using a canned ingredient?
We use canned sauces like salsa, spaghetti sauce, alfredo sauce. Usually, I keep some canned beans available although I prefer to cook my own in large batches and freeze them in smaller amounts. That way I can better control the amount of salt in the beans.
Last week, I made nachos topped with refried beans--the beans were canned.
3. Can of worms, anything can happen, can you imagine?, as best I can, kick the can down the road, more than one can take, no can do, not if I can help it...choose an idiom and tell us how you currently relate.
CAN YOU IMAGINE? My daughter and I love England and have traveled there twice together (and each at least twice with others). Last week, we sat down to scroll through my photos of our 2019 trip and we both said, "Can you imagine living there?" "There" was numerous places in Southwest England.
4.The last Tuesday in February is National Spa Day. Are you someone who enjoys a day at the spa? Last time you visited a spa? Do you have a favorite spa? Are salons open for business in your area? Have you made changes to your hair and nail routine since Corona hit? In what way?
I have been to only one spa and only two or three times to that one. Skamania Lodge in Southwest Washington. Located overlooking the Columbia River, it has hiking trails, hotel accommodations and restaurants as well as the spa, hot tub, and swimming pools. When we visit my brother and sister-in-law in Oregon, we drive up there for dinner and a couple of times we have treated ourselves to a spa visit.
As for salons in my area, yes, they're open. I have scheduled a haircut for this week. This is only the second cut I have had since lockdowns began almost a year ago.
5. Believe it or not this is the last Hodgepodge of the month. In one sentence sum up your February.
Snow, rain, sleet, ice
did not make February nice.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The sun is out, the snow is melting, and the temperatures are rising. I am thankful.