Happy New Year (if you are in China)! Happy Friday! Here is a list of my Five Fave things for which I am thankful this week. It doesn't include the obvious things like a warm house, hot coffee, cozy jackets, boots and gloves. I am thankful for those things, too. Always. Here is a link to Friday Fave Fives if you want to join us.
1. Well, there is still a pile of snow on the ground and more expected. This is winter. Did you know that there are only thirty-six days until spring? And today is Chinese New Year. It's the year of the OX. What part of this is a fave? The thirty-six days until spring. But who's counting?
2. But since it is still winter, what can I appreciate about it? Icicles are pretty. When they're finished with being an outdoor decoration, they just melt away.
3. We were able to order some window coverings for our house this week. It will take some time to have them delivered and installed, but at least now we have one more home upgrade almost off our to do list.
4. Our new library is amazing! Evidently, we have passed the time frame when a limited number of books can be checked out. Now our accepted number of books is ninety-nine! Yes, 99. [I wonder if I can actually reach that number of books to check out and read all at once.]
5. And at the library, we have been able to check out the British series Lewis. We've watched all the Endeavor and Morse series, and now Lewis is carrying on the story of murder mysteries in Oxford. I'm glad we can get them locally.
BONUS: I finally finished this cozy (and gigantic) blanket for The New Boy. He wanted it BIG. He chose the colors and yarn. He's taller than I am now, so you can imagine how big this thing is.
A New Year. A New Blanket.
Have a warm safe weekend!