Friday, January 13, 2023

Five Reasons To Be Thankful This Week

Friday.  That means Friday Fave Fives.  I try hard all week to be thankful and focus my mind on how God is showing me blessings every day.  So writing out my Fave Fives is important.  I am thankful that Susanne has been so faithful to host this every week for YEARS.  You can do it too--here's the LINK. So here is Willow's Week...

1.   I noticed this quote this week and it resonated with me.

"Be always grateful for getting another chance to do whatever you love doing."  (Thoughts Wonder)

2.  One thing I love doing is knitting.  Obviously, I am thankful that I have another chance to continue knitting.  I finished this twelve month vest this week.   I am thankful!

3.  I didn't include this fave last week although our grandson's thirteenth birthday was January 2nd.  I am thankful for this guy and all the progress he is making.  He decided that he preferred having everyone choose their favorite blizzard at DQ instead of having a birthday cake.   When he's in the mood, he loves hugs from Bapa and Meema.  Can he really be a teenager??


4.  I do love coffee and conversations.  This week I spent an hour chatting with a friend.  And of course, we had our usual weekly coffee date with T and S.  I am so very thankful for friends and coffee.

5.  Our weather has been cold and grey and rainy (and snowy).  Younger Daughter commented that she encourages herself on days like these by pretending she is in Scotland or England.  That prompted me to scroll through some photos and find some iconic British grey pictures.  They cheered both of us up remembering the wonderful time we had on our holiday.



Bonus.  I know that California is getting hit with lots of rain this week.  That has prompted me to check in with World's Best Neighbor out there.  She states that she is safe and her house hasn't floated away or slid down the hill.

7 comments:

Susan said...

That was nice that your grandson chose DQ for everyone. My grandson just turned 15. We are called Ampa and Mema. Grandkids are a blessing!

Wendy said...

Hugs with the grandkids are the best. Love the vest. Yes it has been very grey and wet here in England. Winter is my least favourite season lol. Have a good weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

The birthday celebration with your grandson looks like fun. It's so wonderful when we get to spend time with our grandchildren, isn't it! Our oldest grandson is 16 and his cousin, our oldest granddaughter just turned 16 a couple of weeks ago. So glad your friends in California are safe in all that rain. We have friends and family across the state of California including our oldest son who lives in the Sacramento area. All the rain is a blessing for the drought, but it sure is causing a lot of destruction. We will get more of the California's storms in the form of rain and snow this weekend. I hope you have a good weekend.

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to your grandson. Sounds like you've had a good week. Love that sweater. I've just committed to join in with a new small crochet group starting next month. I've always wanted to do this and now I have the chance. Take care and have a great weekend.

Melanie said...

What a sweet young man your grandson is! Choosing a Blizzard for everyone rather than a birthday cake. What a handsome guy he is!

Your vest is beautiful! My mother was a knitter and my daughter loves to knit. The knitting gene seemed to pass me by. I've tried and would love to do it but every time the result is not pretty. I've learned that crochet is more my forte.

I love the idea of being thankful for another day to do something you love.

Have a lovely weekend!

Barbara Harper said...

What a wonderful quote. That vest is cute. Happy belated birthday too your grandson! Thankfully, ours still likes hugs--I know as he gets older, hugs might get fewer. It's good you had lots of coffee and conversations this week. What a good idea to pretend we're in Scotland or England on overcast days.

nikkipolani said...

What a great idea for a birthday treat! Those look like happy hugs.

I like the shift in perspective in the midst of long stretches of gray and cold. Makes me think of the opening scenes of Jane Eyre.

Glad to hear your neighbors are safe. Images of roads washing out are pretty scary.

It always amazes me when I divide Susanne's FFF number by 52.