Friday, June 02, 2023

Leavin' On a Jet Plane... soon

 I do know when I'll be back again, though.  This is a trip to visit my brother and sister-in-law and attend a wedding.  Along the way, we will also have opportunity to connect  other family and friends.  And make memories.  And take lots of photos.

But before I leave, I still need to pause and post Friday Fave Fives.  These are things in my life that I am thankful for this week.

1.  Although the bees aren't here yet, our beehive is up and ready.  And the watering station is, too.

2.  The garden is growing.  Tomatoes, basil, bush beans, snap peas.  I've even spotted a few kale and carrot sprouts.

3.  Our housekeeper cleans our home once a month.  She was here yesterday, so we are leaving a clean house.  I enjoy returning to a clean and orderly home after a trip.

4.  We had a family bonfire this week.  The weather was hot, and there was no need for a fire to keep warm.  But we all love fires.  And the grandboys roasted hot dogs.

5.  Our neighbors are the best.  I think we have our own little neighborhood watch.  We tell each other if we will be gone, and the people at home keep watch on our properties.

I hope you are enjoying this first Friday of June!

7 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is so great that you live in a good neighborhood where you all look out for each other. I hope you have a wonderful trip and return home safely. See you again soon!

Faith said...

We have a group of us neighbors (both sides and across the street) who watch each other's properties when we're gone on vacations too. I love it. plus we have a retired police officer behind us and a current police officer down the street! Glad you have a safe community of neighbors as well.

OOH...my sister Hope and her hubby kept bees once. I hope you have better luck with them than they did.

How fun to attend a wedding with family and old friends. We have a wedding to attend in August.

Oh man....a housekeeper!! I wanted one and Dave said "well you're about to retire. no need for one". sigh.

Yay for bonfires! we love them too!

ENJOY your trip!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I hope you have a great time on your trip. Wonderful opportunity to connect with loved ones and make memories. How much fun to have had a bonfire with the kiddos. Did you make s'mores? That's my favorite thing to do at a bonfire. Oh, a housekeeper??? How I'd love one! That would be such a blessing. I am happy for you to have one. If she gets bored, send her on down here. LOL. I have plenty of work for her to do. Have a great time. So happy for you.

Susan said...

Enjoy your vacation! Nice that you have neighbors that can watch the house for you!

Barbara H. said...

Hope you have a great trip! I like coming home to a clean space, too. I've thought about getting a housecleaning service just to free up time to write. Maybe I'll ask for that for my next birthday. :-) We have good neighbors, too, who keep an eye out for each other.

Karen said...

Good neighbors are worth their weight in gold! It sounds like you've settled into your new state very nicely. Safe travels to you!

ellen b. said...

All good things you listed! Nothing as good as a hotdog roasted over a fire! Glad you have good neighbors. Happy trails to you...