Friday, September 15, 2023

Joy of the Edge of the Season

 Middle of September.  Literally.  Less than a week until Autumnal Equinox.  Time is flying.

Here it is Friday already.  And I am pausing in the rush toward fall to think back on this past week and remind myself how blessed I am.  On Fridays, I join Susanne and others to post my Friday Fave Fives.  If you click on the label below, it should take you to her blog where you can join in.

1.  I am ENJOYING this beginning change of seasons.  The weather is cooler and we even had a couple of rainstorms.  If it rains, I don't have to water the garden :)

2.  The tomatoes and raspberries are still producing, so our meals and freezer are ENJOYING the yummy fresh homegrown goodness.

3.  On Monday, The Professor and I drove an hour north of us to meet halfway with long time friends who have just moved back to the Cleveland area.  They are from Ohio and when they retired, they chose to return 'home' and brought their daughter and grandchildren with them.  Land I worked at the same school and were in a women's Bible Study together for years. We ENJOYED lunch and two and a half hours of conversation with them (and our husbands enjoy each other's company, too).

4.  As you would know if you regularly read my blog, I love old barns.  So on this trip through the country, I ENJOYED  watching for barns and taking photos of them as we sped past.  Here are a few samples.  There will be a longer post later in the weekend.



5.  Bible Study classes (two of them) started up this week for the fall term.  I ENJOY studying God's Word and connecting with friends.  My heart is just full from those hours on Wednesday evening and Friday morning.

That's just FIVE things I ENJOYED this week which truly blessed me.  How was your week?

11 comments:

Linda Hoye said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. Time spent with old friends is always a gift, isn't it?

marina said...

those barns are so beautiful! great captures! I agree with you on the weather changing: it is so much better to walk with lower temperatures.

nikkipolani said...

How lovely to reconnect with a friend over a meal. There's something wonderful about studying God's word together -- two of my three started this week. We've got a sudden convergence of topics across all three :-)

Enjoy your last summer fruits!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love old barns also but I don't see very many of them since I live on the coast. I love watching the shows on TV when they rebuild an old barn.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you felt blessed this week. That is a lovely picture of you and your friend. It's great that you could get together. It looks like you went to an Amish restaurant. I love Amish restaurants. Best food ever! I love all the old barn pictures. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Barbara H. said...

Glad you had so much to enjoy this week! It hasn't quite felt like fall yet, but it should this week! I'm so looking forward to it! How fun to get together with old friends! Our church has just started a ladies' Bible study with Jen Wilkin's Abide, covering 1, 2, and 3 John. I love her books but have not done any of her Bible studies til now. She gives lots of homework! But I'm enjoying it.

Wendy said...

Great photos of the barns and how nice to meet up with old friends and catch up. We're having cooler weather too but it's still warm for this time of year but tomorrow and the next few days we are promised thunderstorms. Summer will definitely seem over. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Karen said...

Ohio is a beautiful state and I really enjoyed my visit there. Another town you might like is Vermilion, just down the road from Mitiwanga. Old barns have such character. It's another reason I like the midwest. Such a nice picture of you and your friend.

Faith said...

I've ENJOYED reading your FFF. I also love old barns and churches and now that i'm retired I'm concentrating on photographing old churches in my romps throughout NYS and New England. In fact last week my oldest and I discovered two in the western ADK that are both on the National Register of hIstoric places!!

Love that you connected with your old friends and there's nothing like a good group to have Bible study with .

HAPPY WEEKEND!!

Anonymous said...

Whenever I pass a lovely old barn, I remember that you like them, too. I saw some stunning ones when in Pennsylvania last month. Also love reading and studying the scriptures. God’s Word! What could be better? No wonder we are friends. Mary

Susanne said...

Your FFF was enjoyable to read! Loved the reconnecting with old friends. How fun. I always love when you post barn pictures. They are all barns and yet so different from one another. It felt very chilly here today though in the spring weather change over we would have considered the temp warm. Funny how that goes.