Friday, September 01, 2023

September Has Arrived!

It's September!  The ninth month of the year!  So much has been happening which on one hand is fun and on the other hand is a bit tiring.  No matter what is happening, I choose to be thankful for my life.  That's why I post my Friday Fave Fives every week. (follow the link to join!)

We decided to spend the last few days of August at a fairly local state park campground.  It was wonderful.  It was relaxing.  These are a few of the happy memories we made.

1.  We love driving through the countryside to arrive at our campsite.  And one day we drove around a bit and took the off roads.  Of course, I just had to grab a photo of a barn!

2.  In Zanesville (yes, that Western author Zane Grey was from this town), there is a Classic Denny's Diner.  One morning, we left the campsite and drove there to meet our friends T and S for breakfast.  It's right on Hwy 40--the National Road.  We've been wanting to visit this Denny's ever since we saw it a couple of years ago.  It was a great breakfast time!

3.  Camping after school starts and during the week, almost all of the campers are retired.  That means quiet.  Usually, it also means empty spaces around us.  We enjoyed chatting with several of our 'neighbors'.  We even bumped into someone we know!

4.  Camping means campfires.  Morning and evening.

5.  Camping gives us more opportunities to be out in nature.  We rode our bikes almost ten miles one morning.  And we hiked a couple of the trails at the state park.  The trails were steep and a bit rugged.  But it was fun.



Which way should we go?

On the evening of the super moon, we were able to capture a few photos since there was not much light around us.  There were lots of trees, though.



And I found more hearts.
Can you see the heart shaped light spot on the upper left of the fire pit?  I noticed it when I downloaded the photo.


In the shadow of the tree on the trail


OK, now it's September!


11 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Looks like a lovely way to end August. Those hiking trails look great and a camping getaway is always fun. I would love to hike thost trails. I hope you have a good Labor Day weekend.

Pamela M. Steiner said...

What a beautiful way to end the summer and begin the fall season...camping in the woods and having a campfire! Did you make s'mores??? That's what I'd be doing!! Yes, I see the hearts, and I also love to look for hearts in special unexpected places. Like little love notes from God! I'm glad you were able to enjoy that little get away. The Denny's Diner looks like a fun place too! I can't wait for it to cool down enough here for a campfire in our firepit, so I can make s'mores... It may be a while yet for us, however. Gotta get through hurricane season first. Thankfully this one didn't hurt us much where we live, but it was rough along the coast. September can be pretty difficult in that department, so we hold our breath and pray. Take care and enjoy your early autumn days.

Anonymous said...

I’m so glad you are having such fun with your camping trip. We had clear skies to see that wonderful moon here. I looked at it with a couple of the younger grandchildren. I noticed a couple of groups focused on barn photos. I thought of you, of course. Mary

Spanish 21 Blackjack said...

Thanks for your commitment to helping others learn

ellen b. said...

How very adventurous of you to head out and camp! Looks like a great time you had. Happy September to you!

Linda Hoye said...

Happy September! When we were still working, we often took vacation in early September as the weather was still nice and places were less crowded. Sounds like you hit on that tip with your trip too. :-)

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Wendy said...

How nice to have a break away now that it's quieter. Our schools don't go back until tomorrow. Have a good week.

Gattina said...

We used to camp when our son was little in a hotel it was impossible to keep a 2 year old quiet. we did that for 11 years, always to to Garda Lake to visit family. Now from the family there is only Rick's sister and her daughter left ! BTW Nicole cannot be moved anymore, she has her treatment there and she can hardly walk and needs a walker or a wheelchair. But her brain is still there !

Faith said...

Oh How I (kind of) miss the camping days when the girls were little. We stopped when our oldest turned 16 as they just weren't "into " it anymore and our little pop up camper was starting to wear out.

LOVE the heart in the pic and actually I love all of your pics! I am back from our Michigan trip and hope to do a FFF this week!