Friday, September 08, 2023

September Keeps Sliding Along

 Oh my.  I just realized that it is FRIDAY!  On Friday, Fave Fives happens and here in a hurry are mine.  My Friday Fave Fives (follow the link for more!)

1.  Our warm hot weather has moderated.  That in itself is a blessing.

2.  Because the temperature is more amenable to being outside, I have been able to work more in my garden.  If you know me, you know that the garden is my happy place.  Mostly, I am doing some clean up although I was able to give some extra black-eyed susans, wooly lamb's ear, and other plants to a friend who is working on her new garden (she recently bought a new home).

3.  Little bits of rain.  It smells so refreshing and the plants certainly enjoyed it.

 4. Coffee with our friends T and S.  Yes, I often mention our coffee dates in my faves.  We just enjoy each others' company, and we never know where our conversations will lead us.  This week, we talked about vocabulary and word origins as well as gardens and birds and a host of other topics.

5.  The current afghan I am knitting is nearly finished (photos next week?).  Now I have another baby blanket to make for a baby boy who will join the world around Christmas. (I wonder if his mom will name him Elf...)  AND. I was given some very lovely yarn (mostly merino wool, with some alpaca and silk) and I think it is going to become a winter sweater for me.  I love to knit and I appreciate quality yarn.

That wraps it up for this week.  I am sure that there are many more blessings that I have not noted here.  How about you?  Are your blessings just piling up?

11 comments:

Wendy said...

My gardening has consisted of watering the few plants I have in containers this week - it has been too hot here to do much inside or outside the house. Although hubby did manage to cut the grass. Look forward to seeing your finished craft projects and yes that new wool sounds perfect for a jumper for you. Have a good weekend.

Linda Hoye said...

Sounds like a lovely week. Coffee with like-minded friends is always a favourite. Glad you enjoyed your time together.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you got some rain that cooled your temperatures. Getting together to chat with friends in always on my list of faves too! I hope you have a lovely weekend. See you again soon!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Yes, my blessings are piling up and I should stop to enumerate them while I am thinking of them. Sounds like you've had a lovely and productive week. That is always a blessing! It is starting to cool down a tad here in the mornings and sometimes in the evenings, but not quite too much yet. Florida takes a while to realize it's time to cool down. We did get some wonderful rain yesterday and it did cool things off last evening. It was delightful! I love that you go out for coffee with friends and have interesting conversations. That is always a blessing worth mentioning! We often go out to lunch after church on Sunday with our Pastor and wife and some others from church. It's always a joy to be together in an informal and relaxed setting. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and fallish week coming up!!

Barbara H. said...

I'm glad your weather has moderated enough to be outside a bit. We've gone from the 90s last week to high 80s this week, but still very humid, sweat-inducing weather. Your coffee get-togethers sound fun. Yay for new wool and projects!

Faith said...

You're lucky the temps have moderated down/out there. It's still wicked hot and humid here in eastern NY but it's supposed to cool down to more Sept temps sometime this weekend. I can't wait!!

YAY for coffee and good conversation about interesting topics.

Can't wait to see your sweater and quilt pics!

nikkipolani said...

I love love love all the sharing that occurs among gardening friends! There's always so much abundance that God gives to our gardens.

Glad you've had a downward trend in temperatures. As you know, our little dip into the 70s is temporary as Sept and Oct are our Fire Months. Do you have a fall planting season?

Yarn must be your other happy place :-)

Carla from The River said...

Yes, the garden is my happy place too. :-) We finally cooled down as well, so I can start to putter a bit more outside. I worked in the garden in early mornings most of the summer. I would go back out and water in the evening.
Carla

Gattina said...

I love beautiful gardens, but only when I sit on a bench and admire it ! I have no green thumb at all !! We still were cooking here until yesterday more than 30°. Moving one little finger was too much ! I will try to get out of here, it's far too big for me alone and now I am the only one with a 87 old neighbor on the 3rd floor. I still love the view, but I have to get out of here otherwise I get crazy.

Susanne said...

Coffee and great conversation with friends is always a blessing. It is definitely feeling like fall here, although we are going to have a hot weekend. It may be time to get a head start on pulling out flowers that have seen better days. Can't wait to see what you make with your wool that was given to you.

Susan said...

How nice that you got to meet with your friends. I used to garden at my previous home. But Once I moved here, I discovered Bible journaling. I hope to get out walking this week. Enjoy your weekend!