Friday, December 22, 2023

Almost Christmas!

 First, thank you to all who sent get well wishes last week.  Thankfully, I am feeling so much better especially since Christmas weekend is almost here.  As I fell asleep last night, I realized that for the first time in at least two weeks I wasn't coughing constantly.  I really am getting well!

This is the Friday before Christmas.  All through my house, I have lights, red and green fabrics and decor, and little piles of Christmas cards.  There is so much to be thankful for this Christmas of 2023.  Here are my Friday Fave Fives which I had to narrow down to just five things I noticed this week that are this season's blessings.

1.  I was well enough to attend a very dear and sweet friend's birthday party Sunday afternoon (yes, I tested negative for c-vid) and then an open house time at other friends' home.

2.  On Monday, we had our first snow!  It is now melted, but it was lovely to watch while it lasted.

3.  I finished that last baby blanket (last week's mention) and we delivered it to the parents on Tuesday so they can give it to their son for Christmas.  A bit out of focus, but the pictures show all the colors.  If you want details on the pattern, here is the link to the post I wrote for the other afghan I made.  Simply Soft yarns, size 8 needles.


4.  The weather was warm and sunny, so I took my first walk since being sick.  A half mile may not seem like much, but it was something to celebrate that I could walk that far and not feel completely fatigued.

5.  Do you enjoy cleaning?  Evidently, I'm one of those weird ones who like to clean and organize.  Younger Daughter requested my help in doing some deep cleaning at their house, so I spent much of Thursday there at the Hive (we call it the Hive because they are all busy as bees). It truly does give me great joy and I am thankful I have the energy to do it.

Bonus:  And now...we excitedly await tonight's arrival of Younger Son from San Diego who is coming for Christmas!

11 comments:

Faith said...

how wonderful that your son can join you for Christmas AND that you were able to get out and take a walk! I could only do a half mile yesterday...it was only 23 and a BRUTALLY COLD wind! Today is warmer a bit and no wind so i walked 1.5 miles. Felt so good in the sunshine. On Monday we had a downpour with flooding all day. gonna be a green Xmas again in eastern New York. sigh.

That blanket is beautiful!

I'm one of those people who love to organize (what teacher doesn't really??) and i don't mind cleaning but i have to be in the mood and then I get rather OCD about it. hahah

I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

Cathy said...

The blanket is beautiful. I love all those colors. I'm so glad you are feeling well and can now enjoy the Christmas gatherings. Merry Christmas!

Wendy said...

Love the blanket and glad to hear you are feeling better. Have a lovely Christmas.

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! It's miserable to feel sick but when it's Christmas that's sad. How exciting that your son is coming for Christmas. The blanket is beautiful. I'm going to check that pattern out. I've used Simply Soft before. I love it. Have a Merry Christmas!

Karen said...

So glad you're feeling better! The blanket is so cheerful and it looks so very soft. Oh, how I WISH I liked to clean. However, it is not one of my favorite past times and my house shows it.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas with your family!

ellen b. said...

So good to not be coughing consistently anymore! Yippee for youngest son coming 'home' for Christmas. Merry Christmas to all of you as you gather together!

Susan said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! That is nice that your son is getting to visit you. Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

I’m excited for your Christmas celebration coming up. It’s wonderful when our loved ones join us. And especially when you are well enough to do all the fun prep leading up to that time. So thankful to hear that you are well again.
Thanks for the pattern info. Maybe a good way to use up some of my stash this winter. Mary

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I am glad you are feeling better. How wonderful that your son in visiting for Christmas. I love when my adult children and I can all get together. It's hard as everyone has busy schedules or lives far away from one another. Happy Christmas.

Barbara H. said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and were able to get out for walks and celebrations. The blanket looks perfect for a little boy. I can't say I enjoy cleaning, but I enjoy the results. Glad you had a son coming in for Christmas-we did, too!

Susanne said...

Glad you are feeling better and I hope your Christmas was healthy! How wonderful that your son made it for Christmas. Love, love that little blanket!