Friday, March 08, 2024

Marching Along

 I'm late!  I'm late!  For a very important date!  Friday Fave Fives!  But at least I'm here now to share my five blessings from this first full week of March.

1.  The weather has been moderate all week.  Although we have had rainstorms blowing through, most days have been walk worthy.  We even had time one day to move three wheelbarrow loads of mulch and drop them on the raspberry bushes before the rain returned.

2.  As I mentioned, the days were walk worthy.  We managed three good walks with the granddogs.  Four miles.  Three miles.  One and a half miles.



Deer frolicking at the edge of the creek

3.  The best thing about walking with the granddogs?  We walk them, and when we are done, we give them back to their mommies and don't have to take them home, feed them and clean up after them.  We do love them.  Two of the three:

Sawyer

Athena

4.  Signs of spring.  Daffodils everywhere.  Forsythia starting to bloom.  (and would you believe it?  I got no photos.)

5.  Coffee meet ups with new friends.  One lady is a weaver and we had a great time talking about all things fiber.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...the cardinal rule is, never leave home without you camera! I break it now and then.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like you had a nice week and lots of walks with and without the granddogs. Have a good weekend.

Susan said...

I hope to get out tomorrow. I did sit in the sun today and read. We will have our grand dogs and two grandkids over tomorrow for a sleepover and we will take them to church and meet up with their parents. I wish I lived in the country and not in the city. It is nice to be close to many things. We are going to San Diego in April. I changed over to Word 2 and I did something wrong at it out me in as a new person. So I am using my old Word account now. I sent a message from Zynga to see if they can correct it. I just might delete the new app. Have a nice weekend!

ellen b. said...

Good for you for getting out and walking. Dogs are good walking companions when they aren't puppies anymore. Enjoy the week leading up to your birthday!!

Melanie said...

Such sweet grand dogs! Mine live 600 miles away. I love the signs of spring cropping up. It makes me feel hopeful. We are supposed to have a low of 30 one night next week but that's just a hiccup. I'm sure you had a great time with your friends talking about things you both love. Have a great weekend.

Faith said...

Aw...Athena looks like my "niece dog" Kyss!! I love the Bernese although can't spend much time with them due to allergy

LOVE that you got some good walks in......I did too and am thankful.

Milder here too although colder today and rain coming in again tomorrow with parts of the state getting snow. Glad my area isn't in THAT forecast especially because dave is away.

Yay for spring flowers, deer and coffee dates!

nikkipolani said...

Those are happy looking dogs! Glad you were able to get in those walks and see life starting to perk up along the way. Coffee meet ups with a fiber friend is a double blessing!

There've been berry bushes for sale in our nurseries, but I always wonder if they'll do as well as your neck o' the woods. Here's to yours benefiting from your care and tending.

Barbara H. said...

Glad you got some good walks in with the granddogs. We're seeing signs of spring, too--so encouraging. It's cool and rainy today but we're supposed to see the sun tomorrow. I hope so!

Wendy said...

Lovely to get out for walks with the dogs and yes, to be able to just give them back lol. Our forest is way too wet and muddy at the moment so I'm glad we haven't got a dog to walk - it would be needing a daily bath. Hope you've had a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

The dogs are beautiful. You have the perfect situation (no vet bills either). You are a little bit ahead of us with the flowers. I don’t see any blooms yet, but maybe this week. Mary

Susanne said...

So nice to be getting out for walks. I'm sure the pupsters enjoy every moment and bonus that you are not the one cleaning them up.