Friday, March 15, 2024

Mid March Faves

Beware the Ides of March!  I love March 14th, 15th, and 17th.  Pi Day, Ides of March, St. Patrick's Day which is also my birthday.  I also love every Friday because that is the day I choose five things from my week to be thankful for and write about them here on the blog.  As usual, you can follow THIS LINK to Susanne's blog and join in.

1.  I am thankful that the young woman who cleans my floors and bathrooms monthly does such a good job.  I truly appreciate her dedication to making my home extra clean.

2.  We had a great hike on Tuesday evening with all the Trail Life boys.  Both grandsons are part of our local Trail Life troop.  The Professor is one of the leaders.  So I get to sneak in and go on the hikes, too.  Two miles plus in the woods (and mud) on a trail I had never hiked before.



It is hard to tell from the photo, but, we were hiking on the high cliff side of the river; I took these photos from the top looking down on the river.  This area is called Black Hand Gorge.  We have walked on the paved paths on the other side of the river many times.


3.  I love finding great deals at resale shops.  Goodwill had a beautiful green merino wool sweater from J. Jill for less than ten dollars.  In my size.  Yes, I bought it.  Then on Thursday, my friend and I popped in to a cute little resale shop and I found a fair isle wool jacket for ten dollars!  Yep, I bought it, too.

4.  Younger daughter treated me to a pedicure earlier this afternoon for my birthday.  Guess what color I chose.

5.  All the yellow flowers are in bloom!  I love this time of year because I love forsythia and daffodils.  These flowers, all from my garden, bring me so much joy.




Bonus:  you may have heard on the news about the tornados in Indiana and Ohio.  We were under tornado warnings for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours last night.  Thankfully, we are safe and so is all our family.  Please pray for the people who lost family members and those who lived in homes which were struck and demolished.

Bonus2:  more daffodils, from places in England where we traveled in March and April 2019 (prime daffodil time)




Tis true.  Daffodils are my favorite flower.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...Happy 29th Birthday to you!

Susan said...

Its always nice to see the flowers growing and trees budding. We had a storm that came in fast and then there was a huge double rainbow. Nice that you go to go on a hike with the boys. Have a great weekend!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! Will you wear green on that day?
I just love daffodils. I live in an apartment complex so I can't grow them in the ground but I've heard they do well in pots.
Lovely photos of your hike.
I'm so glad you are all safe from the terrible weather! What devastation I've seen in photos! Breaks my heart.
Have a great weekend.

Barbara H. said...

Happy birthday! I've sometimes thought about having someone come in to do some cleaning. I'm glad your helper does a good job. What good deals you found! I'm glad you were safe from the tornadoes.

Schotzy said...

I love your gorgeous daffodils! I love seeing them in great clumps. They are the perfect harbinger of spring. They really brighten the outlook, even when the world seems to be spinning out of control. Hope your weekend is grand and happy birthday!
Schotzy

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Oh, Happy Birthday to you today!! How wonderful! Hope you are celebrating in style! So glad the tornadoes didn't come too close to you or your loved ones. That was a close call. Love the daffodils! We don't get them here in Florida and it is always a treat to see them in pictures. I wish we could grow them, but they don't like our warm winters apparently, However, we do, so I guess it's a good trade off. I can buy a pot of daffodils in the grocery store! LOL. Take care and have a wonderful birthday.

ellen b. said...

I'm late for Friday but right on time for your birthday! Happy day to you! Those daffodils make me smile. Hmm...what color nail polish. Did you go with orange? :)