1. I have been reading an interesting book. The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning. It's not as creepy as it sounds. The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning by Margareta Magnusson. It's not at all creepy or sad. It's about 'How to Free Yourself and Your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter' with a focus on doing it for your family so they don't have to do after you die. Lots of good thoughts and bits of humor. I liked this quote: "There must be something wrong with the way I have organized my home if I have to continually mess up the place that I originally worked so hard to decorate and keep orderly."
2. Fresh tomato sauce. Yum! Our neighbor gifted us several tomatoes, so The Professor cut them up and added some fresh basil from our garden. It smelled heavenly as it cooked. I'm thankful both for the gift of the tomatoes and the sauce they produced.
3. On Saturday, I attended a tea party to celebrate the
4. Fall weather. The temperatures have cooled down some (not like in Montana or Canada!) and during our evening walks, we have donned our light jackets. I know we will get some hot weather and wind (those Santa Ana winds!), but for now, I am thankful for the almost perfect weather.
5. My granddaughter ZG's thirteenth birthday was this week. She is growing so tall. She loves little children. She actually called me on her birthday! She's enjoying school (I'm getting As, Meema! she said).
I've had a great first week of October! How about you?