1. I've been doing a bit of sketching and really working at improving my skills. I love the satisfaction of finishing a sketch. (The photo is a bit blurry, sorry.)
2. This week, I received an email from the mother of a former student, thanking me for the input I had in her daughter's life. Oh how my teacher heart glowed. This young woman is surging forward in her writing!
3. Ya'll doing Zoom and Skype sessions? I know that, for me, sometimes I am 'zoomed-out'. But I am thankful that during this time we have the option of 'seeing' people and 'spending time' with them. I know it's not the same as really face to face interaction, but it's better than nothing.
4. We woke up Monday morning to RAIN. I managed to catch a few photos of raindrops on my flowers. And the rain didn't bother the monarch caterpillar at all. They just kept on chewing on the milkweed. I do love my garden.
5. It's still jacaranda tree time. Normally, when we drive down the streets of our city, I don't notice the trees except that they're there and provide green and shade. But during Jacaranda Season, oh my! Those purple blossoms just celebrate spring! Here are some photos of jacaranda trees in various spots around town. [please note: BEFORE deciding to plant a jacaranda tree, understand that there is no middle ground. They're beautiful. BUT, they're messy. See bottom photo.]
Yeah, they're really messy.
I hope you had a good week and are staying well.