1. Fun in the Sun and the Sand. My job during the second week of my break was being Meema while Daughter #1 was in business meetings. Huntington Beach for Spring Break? Perfect!
2. Time with her after work.
3. Son #2 drove down from his university to see his sister and nephew (and us). Precious times!
The boy and his uncle
Uncle and his mini-me
4. There are certain advantages to having association with the university. One afternoon, we attended a concert (mini grant presentation by a faculty member) of Celtic music. I'm a huge fan of Celtic music, so it was a most enjoyable time. We bought one of the CDs, so I can listen any time I want.
5. Recently, I purchased a book someone had recommended to me. Chasing Francis by Ian Morgan Cron deeply touched me and challenged me. In the book, St. Francis of Assisi's life and example of true Christianity during the late Middle Ages renews the main character's faith. I highly recommend this story!
St. Francis Prayer
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
it is in dying that we are born again to eternal life.