Friday, April 05, 2024

April!

How can it be the first week of April?  This year 2024 is racing by.  I try to stop daily and weekly to consider all the blessings of my day/week.  Each evening before I sleep, I jot down in a journal the blessings and events of the day.  If I didn't do that, I'd forget.  When Friday arrives, I can better remember what happened during the week so I can post my Friday Fave Fives and share them with you. (the link takes you to Susanne's blog and you can read more FFFs)

1.  Easter Sunday.  It is one of my favorite days of the year because we celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection.

2.  Some family members were sick last week and during the weekend, so we didn't do any family dinner for Easter.  Sunday evening, grandkids and younger daughter did pop over for a couple of hours to watch a movie and eat popcorn.  I appreciate so much living nearby so we can do these impromptu get togethers.

3.  Our weather has been quite 'active'.  On Tuesday evening, we were under a tornado watch.  Fortunately, we did not have to run to the basement.  But we did have rain, wind, thunder and lightning.  Other areas did have tornadoes touching down, and there was some home damage.  Our area missed it.  I am thankful we have a good weather prediction system, so we know when to be careful.

4.  Between all the storms, we were able to take two walks along the rivers in our area to find out how high the rivers were flooding.  Yes, there is flooding.  Even so, the views were crazy because we could see just how high the water levels were.  And, we got in those walks.



Do you see the huge log up against the bridge?  We watched it flow down the river and there it was, banged up against the bridge we crossed to get home.

5.  I offered to do an embroidery project for someone for an Easter present.  I was able to add the year to the bottom of a new bunny's feet.   While it took longer than I expected, I did enjoy the challenge of designing it.  And Eleanor Elizabeth was excited to spend time with another bunny!



And a small white flower to make you smile.



12 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a couple of sick family member who were sick for Easter. Spring is a tug-a-war between winter and summer. Today winter seems to have the upper hand. Happy spring to you.

Monica said...

Your Tuesday weather sounded like our Monday weather! Quite a bit of flooding here as well. It is so nice to be close to family. Two of my three are close by.
I was also down with a cold so we didn't get together for Easter either. I hope you have a warm blessed weekend!

Faith said...

I'm so glad you didn't have the tornadoes! I saw some of the damage in Kentucky...devastating!

We had weird weather Wed night into thursday: sleet, freezing rain, then rain, then freezing rain then weird icy snow (less than an inch here but still!!), then finally today is dry and partly sunny! My first day out all week to walk!!

That is a high stream in your pic!!

I hope your ill family members are feeling better. I love having my daughters nearby as well.....for inpromptu visits and movies nights.

HAPPY WEEKEND!!

Barbara H. said...

We had predictions of a bad storm one night and reports of a tornado in the area. Thankfully, we only got some rain. We live in a valley area in the foothills of the Smokey mountains, so heavy rainfall often produces flooded areas. That stream looks not only swollen but actively moving. I agree, I am so thankful for the weather prediction systems we have and the warnings to prepare.

I love impromptu family gatherings, too. We did not live near either set of our parents, so I am abundantly thankful that so many of our kids live close enough to do that.

ellen b. said...

Glad you didn't have to hunker down in the basement! It's nice that your 'kids' can pop over when the time is right or just anytime! That's a fun idea to embroider on the bottom of the bunnies paw. Happy first weekend in April!

Melanie said...

Your bunny is adorable! The year added onto the bottom of the feet makes it very special.
We were under a tornado watch on Tuesday as well until 1 am on Wednesday. We were spared too with just some rain and lightning.
I'm sorry to hear that so many of your family was sick over Easter. Maybe you can have a belated family dinner.
Have a good weekend.

nikkipolani said...

Seems redundant to state each week that time is racing, but IT IS!!! There's probably some brain activity that is different when one is older versus younger, but still.... Like you, thankful for FFF to help remind us to note our blessings.

We had some colds and missing family members, too. Glad you are all near enough to gather on a whim.

Tornado watch?? Thankful you are safe and had plenty of warning.

What a cute idea for bunny feet embroidery -- you did a beautiful job. And that daff is glorious. Great photo!

Wendy said...

Glad you weren't affected by the tornados but that river is very high! Love the bunny. Shame some of the family were sick at Easter. Hope everyone is recovered by now. Have a good week.

Susanne said...

So glad you did not get the tornado! We cancelled our family Easter dinner due to sickness too. Stuff is really going around. But the impromptu movie evening sounds fun! Gorgeous white flower!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Chris said...

We too have had some interesting weather, very high winds and a lot of rain... we could hear the thundering sea the other night as we lay in bed.. we're about a half a mile from the seashore.