Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Friends

Of course, this is my favorite friend. He's having a birthday next week.


Whenever Dorothy and I have birthdays, we plan and plan and schedule and reschedule our birthday dinners and treat each other. We don't have to celebrate in our birthday months, we just do it whenever the mood strikes us. We celebrated her December birthday in March and my March birthday last week in June. Here she is at this great little restaurant Tender Greens in Culver City. We had a wonderful lunch and spent a couple of hours together. I told her I wanted to go to Tender Greens because the mashed potatoes are better than mine. If you order a hot plate you get an enormous salad of your choice, the mashed potatoes, chicken, beef, tuna, or grilled veggies, and a slice of yummy bread. I ordered the beef and she chose tuna. Dorothy always makes me laugh. We can talk and talk and our conversations can cover the most bizarre topics and we think we're just normal.




We have very special friends who are our walking buddies.
John and John



Kristie and I have been buddies for three years. We have logged a lot of miles on this stretch of Pacific Ocean coastline. We pick up our Starbuck's drink and set out for our 5K walk. That's Manhattan Beach Pier in the background. This evening, John, John, Kristie and I did our walk and then added a walk out along the pier.




We won't be living so very far away when we move, and we will still celebrate birthdays and Dorothy will still come for Christmas and we will find ways and times to take our walks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice to have friends to share special times with?!
I can almost taste the salad and hear the laughter!
Good for you to be walking and taking good care of yourself!!
Julene

roxie said...

Lovely way to celebrate birthdays! All the best to John!

Mama Mia said...

Oh-oh-oh! It is a bunch of my favorite people!! :o)

Miss you guys so much...