Did you know that there is a World Kindness Day in November? I wish we had a World Kindness Day every month, every week, and every day. It has to start with us, you and me, if that's ever going to happen.
1. An every-week-kindness comes from Susanne who hosts Friday Fave Five. I think that the blog world is a better place because so many people either participate in FFF or read Fave Five posts every Friday. Thank you, Susanne, for your kindness!
2. When you make friends with the sellers at the farmers market and become one of their 'regulars', they show their kindness and appreciation by sometimes slipping a little extra produce in to your bag which is an occasional-kindness. We have an abundance of carrots this week.
3. My husband's excellent lattes which are placed piping hot into my hands are an every-day-kindness and sometimes even a couple-times-a-day-kindness. When I switched over to soy and almond milk, he didn't slow down at all; he just started making soy lattes. (I tell him that if he ever loses his job, he could step right in to a postion as a barrista since he is already experienced.)
4. I receive every-time-I-go-to-the-store kindness from the employees at my local Trader Joe's. Do the managers slip little happy pills in to the staff lounge coffee or do the people just enjoy working there? I'm not sure. But I never encounter a grumpy or unpleasant clerk in that store.
5. My students are delightful. Their weekly-kindness of always saying, "Thank you, Mrs. Willow!" makes me smile. I thank them for working so hard, finishing their homework, and making me laugh over their amazing stories.
Let's not limit Kindness to only one day of the year!
Have you thought about making an extra effort to show kindness to a loved one or a stranger? Even a simple smile can encourage someone around you. Who has impressed you this week with their kindness?
Share something in your comments or click over to Susanne's blog (link above) and post your fave five there.