I've been gone traveling. Again. Summer is like that for teachers. We take advantage of those weeks off during the summer to wander around. This time, we flew east to visit our girls and their families. I'm so thankful for two weeks of grandchildren and adventures! Linking with Susanne's Friday Fave Fives.
1. But first, the knitting--
I finished two projects, one just before we left
afghan knitted in seed stitchand one just before we returned.
Mara Shawl in grey
I also almost finished a pair of socks--photos when they're done.
2. A visit to our nation's capital, Washington, D.C.
3. The best part was the Library of Congress!
Did you know that you can FOR FREE receive a Library of Congress reading card??!! The card gives you complete and total access to all of the library's contents for two years. Yes, we got one. :)
4. In all our travels around the world and the US, we have never actually put our feet into the Atlantic Ocean. We've been in all the eastern seaboard states, swum in the Caribbean and the Pacific Ocean, but not the Atlantic. On this trip, we accomplished this milestone in Delaware. (photo compliments of Daughter #2.
5. We love playing outdoors with the littles and their parents. On the east coast, it's so very different--trees, trees, green, and water.
There are so many more photos and adventures. I just hit the highlights. Over the weekend, I hope to finish up the picture downloads and post my favorites.