Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Fave Five


I love doing these Fave Five reports! Each Friday I pause from my busy schedule and reflect on what a great week I've had.

1. We go to the farmers market every Saturday. We purchase our salad greens, cucumbers, corn on the cob, and other veggies and fruits. I am acquainted with Lilia the flower seller and sometimes she'll hand me a few blooms. This week she shared these two gerber daisies with me.


2. First grade took a field trip to our local library where we toured the new $$$ million dollar building and listened to a couple of stories read to us by one of the librarians. The library really deserves its own post because the new building is truly stunning in its multi-story architecture and fanciful decor.



3. I am thankful that the fires here in Southern California seem to be out or under control and the weather has cooled down some. Today there is a light breeze, blue sky and gentle sunshine.


4. I received this in a package from Flower! Chocolate tea! MMMmmmm!


5. Most exciting of all, I found the blue bird of happiness in a neighbor's yard! I snapped a photo of it before it flew away!


To see more Fave Five posts, go to Susanne's blog, Living To Tell The Story.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

17 comments:

Susanne said...

I love gerber daisies! Lucky you getting them! That library looks beautiful. I love libraries, maybe you can do a post with lots of pics. :v) It is good news that the fires are now under control.

ellen b. said...

Hee, hee! The blue bird of happiness...
Love that library! Hats off to generous farmer doners!

Islandsparrow said...

Gorgeous daisies! I'd like to have some in my garden next year but I'm not sure how they grow up here.

Oooh - I'd love to visit that library with you and your first graders :)

Have a wonderful weekend Willow!

Anonymous said...

The daisies are gorgeous!
Umm, I can see how they spent the $$$ millions! Beautiful library.

The blue bird of happiness here is the blue jay I feed peanuts to!

Have a fab weekend Willow!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I love your Fave Five Friday posts too! I'm glad to hear that the fires are under control. I hope your air quality gets better soon. I know how awful it is. Our whole month of June we didn't see blue sky because of smoke. It's no fun is it?

Hugs,
Cindy

Deb said...

I think the whole idea behind the Fave Five is a great one and would be a good idea for all of us to try. That library is incredible - what a gift. Let us know how the chocolate tea tastes - I am curious. Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

Willow :D that sounds like a great fave five. Have a splendid weekend ...

Knitting Linguist said...

Wow -- what a library!! And I love those daisies (gerberas are just so exuberant, aren't they?) :)

Flower said...

Every single thing you mentioned is special! The new library must be something to see!!
We are off to Powell's last band concert today. This is a big retirement for him and one he will enjoy!

violetlady said...

I love going to farmers markets, but they have pretty much ended around here since the summer is over. I have found, however, that our two local farmers markets are primarily organic and, therefore, expensive. All the more reason for me to have a better garden next year.
My mother loved Gerbera daisies.

Our Home Schooler and Jen said...

oh bless Lilia

I like reading and libraries

thanks for visiting my blog
Jen

Anonymous said...

Love that fantastic mosaic! It's great to hear that a library is being valued and used by the community.

Glad the fires are under control again.

Anonymous said...

What a great five!
Gerber daisies are one of my favorite flowers and the library is awesome!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh I loved your Favorites. They were all so much fun! The bluebird was so sweet.
Thanks for sharing and thanks for coming by and visiting me too.
Have a great week.
Sherry

Robin said...

I love libraries!

The daisies are just beautiful - so bright and happy.

Have a wonderful week - and thanks again for the flying tips. The breathing/focus thing really did seem to help.

Bethany said...

A few of my favorite things too!-- Gerber daisies, tea AND chocolate? Yum!, and that library... wow! It looks incredible!!! I also love your little blue bird! I know I'm getting a birdfeeder from my inlaws for my birthday! Now I will be able to look out the back window to see the songbirds in the winter!! And we all know how I love the farmer's market! I made butternut squash with baked apples for dinner tonight!

Allie said...

I always love your pictures! Beautiful!

I can't get over the mosaic column. It's absolutely stunning.