Thursday, October 02, 2008

Friday's Fave Five


My Fave Five this week:

1. I found out I won a book at the TKCS award banquet! We left early because I had a very early flight from Portland the next morning, so I wasn't there to claim it. Dawn Seymour from FiberRhythm picked up my prize and mailed it to me. I received it Wednesday. The book I won is

I'm a novice at crocheting so I'm really excited about having this book to use to practice. AND! This is the book that I mentioned in my post on Monday that was authored by the teacher of two of the classes I took at TKCS, Edie Eckman. Yeah! Thanks, Dawn, for sending the book on to me!


2.Saturday Afternoon Tea. We invited our neighbors for tea on Saturday. We all had a great time and just enjoyed each others' company. I hope our teatimes become a regular event. I made Lemon Thyme Cookies from my own freshly dried lemon thyme. Oh My! Were those sugar and fat bombs delicious!


3.Ellen at Happy Wonderer and I are back walking our regular route. We walked Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Ellen is earning the title Mrs. Gumby for her flexibility in walking around my teaching/tutoring schedule. We've seen these three guys several times, grazing on the hillside by the nature trail.

4. Knitting with K. Tuesday evening I met up with a knitting buddy and spent a relaxing two hours talking knitting, patterns, fiber and family. We have both read the same financial planning book--"Your Money Or Your Life" by Joe Dominguez--and had a great discussion about the concept of 'enough'. On the knitting front, I was swatching for a navy vest I want to knit and she was working on a Weasley Sweater from Enchanted Knits, the same pattern I used for a sweater I made The New Boy.

5. Cute new clothes. The New Boy, Kiti and I went shopping at a discount store and we all found some great bargains. The New Boy looks so cute in his next-size-up onesies, Kiti is tres chic in brown slacks and sweater, and I got a compliment from a tutoring student when I wore my new purple top. This last fave is not a huge one in the course of the universe and its happenings, but it made us smile.
Go to Susanne's Living To Tell The Story to enjoy others' Fave Fives this week.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! That sweater and especially new boy, are absolutely adorable!!!!

Lovella ♥ said...

Oh the sweater on the new boy. . .is just darling. . .N for new. . .so cute.

Knitting Linguist said...

Those are some great ones -- the boy looks wonderful in his sweater, and those walks (and cookies, and discussions with friends) sound like exactly what we all need in our lives :)

Much Ado said...

What a cute sweater for such a cute little boy. And how exciting seeing deer on your walk, I would love that!

Karen said...

This is a great list. Walking with a friend, good discussion, tea parties and a beautiful baby in a beautiful sweater. I enjoyed this.

Anonymous said...

Love the sweater on cute little New boy. I am so pleased with my Gumby award. I just wish I was that tall and skinny :0)
The book cover on that new book is fabulous!

Susanne said...

Mmmmm, I think I'd like the recipe for those sugar fat bombs. LOL. They sound delish! A tea party with neighbors sounds wonderful.

congrats on your book win. Happy crocheting. And the little guy looks so darn cute in his sweater!

Islandsparrow said...

That little boy is so adorable!

You and Ellen are inspiring me with your walking :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely fav 5- inspiration, good food, nature, friends and a new life looking happy. Lovely Willow.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Just had to stop over and say hi to another teacher. :)
Love the picture of the deer and the other cute little dear.

Unknown said...

Hello Willow :D
Raya celebrations are quite over now...felt weird celebrating at my home and not at MIL 'kampung', somehow the atmosphere is different. wow...what a happy list, I'd like to be your neighbour too! and that sweater on the new boy is so adorable..so's the new boy!! have a great weekend :D

Jientje said...

All that knitting and still have time for blogging? Good for you! Happy Weekend Willow!

Renna said...

Wow, congratulations on winning the book!

You are so fortunate to have such a handsome model for your knitwear. He's a real cutie patootie. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :-)

Bethany said...

What a great book!! Now we can learn crochet at the same time! ;) I'm also thinking you must post your recipe for those cookies... they sound delicious! And YEAH for you and Ellen!! Getting out and moving always makes everything else much better... at least you feel better! I know you've shown us this sweater before but I think you did a better job than the one that they show in the book! I love the patterns in that book, but I have yet to try one. Good for you too that you're finding great bargains. I think the rest of the country is going to be joining you! I have been digging through my closet and trying to come up with new outfits from the same old clothes. Pretty jewelry always makes a difference! At bead shops it's pretty cheap to make a beautiful pendant and everyone always compliments me when I wear them (with a t shirt!!).

Marg said...

Oh, that little one is my favorite.
Mine was just over for supper tonight. Too cute.
I like your idea about Fave Five.
A good way to bring together the weeks highlights.

Anonymous said...

Awww, enjoyed knitting and talking with you, too! We need to do it again soon. And, thanks for all your help! What would I do without my Master Knitter?

~Kristin