Another week! Another Fave Five episode!
This week I noticed that as the days flew by in sunshine and rain, that my focus has been on the little things.
1. The daffodils Ellen and I saw on one of our daily walks. I realize that these might actually be jonquils. But either way, daffodils or jonquils, these little flowers blooming by a neighbor's driveway were a cheery reminder that we live in an amazing world where there is snow in England, searing heat and wildfires in Australia, and an early spring in California.
2. You may have noticed that usually my photos on this blog are of inanimate objects. Most of the time, birds see me and fly away cawing raucously at me before my camera is even focused in their direction, butterflies flitter off leaving me fumbling for my zoom button. But this little moth obligingly sat for hours on my screened window last night, basking in the light from the porch lamp, patiently waiting for me to open and shut the door numerous times, set the flash, click the camera buttons and take his picture. In fact, he was still there this morning when I left for school.
3. I picked up the old book Lost Horizon by James Hilton last weekend from The Professor's relative's bookshelf. I had a rare quiet afternoon yesterday and I took the opportunity to sit on my porch with a cup of tea and Lost Horizon and 'lost' myself in Shangri-La for awhile.
4. I have had a pile of papers, magazines and knitting patterns hanging around annoying me with their tendency to slide off their perch onto the floor and so this week I 'tackled the clutter' and organized and tossed papers. Imagine my delight to find a 'lost' address and email! I sent off a quick email note, got an immediate response and reconnected with a friend!
5. Finally, last but not least, little packages have been arriving in our mailbox this week! Could it be someone's birthday?
Other people have had fave weeks, too. Visit Susanne's blog to connect with them.
Have a Fave Week, everyone!